According to Richard Florida, a sociologist and author of The Rise Of The Creative Class, ” The big story unfolding right now – one that has been unfolding for some time – is the rise of the Creative class, the great emerging class of our time”.
Global culture has seen significant shifts as evidenced by macroforces and the dawn of a new conceptual age that is revolutionizing the nature of and paths to prosperity. The rapid growth and economic impact of the “Creative Class” is demonstrative evidence of this momentum and the face of the emerging mainstream consumer.
To succeed in our changing world, people are rapidly adopting skills and lifestyles rooted in creativity, fluidity and transcendence of boundaries governed by right or left brained thinking. Creators, imaginers and “doers” will use their skills to collaborate and innovate as global citizens in an interconnected world economy.
The creative class that has been tracked and measured, is made up of workers in …
- Technology and science
- Business and management
- Healthcare and education
- Arts, culture and entertainment
And creative people applying their natural skills to embrace paradoxes between the left and right brain toward creation of new concepts, as detailed by Daniel Pink in his book A Whole New Mind:
- Interview with Richard Florida – Author, Professor, and Public Intellectual (theurbn.com)
- Race, Gender, and the Creative Class (theatlanticcities.com)
- The Creative Class 10 Years Later: Richard Florida on the Future of the Arts and Entertainment Industries (entertainment.time.com)
- Richard Florida: Creativity Is the New Economy (huffingtonpost.com)