An interesting infographic from a recent NPR article.
I would first like to say that the definition of “rich” here leaves me feeling guilty, to say the very least.
What is it that we are doing wrong that makes life relatively more expensive for the poor than for the rich? And is there a way to create a new system where the cost of entry for housing and health care doesn’t serve to keep the poor poorer?
Thanks to my friend Lisa for sharing this. It’s one of those things that has a perfectly logical explanation, but logic doesn’t make it right.
Here is the link to the source:
- How The Poor, The Middle Class And The Rich Spend Their Money (npr.org)
- Income segregation is growing (economy.money.cnn.com)
- 7 Money Mindset Myths That Are Keeping You Poor (moneyning.com)
- Ethical-but-poor or Unethical-and-rich? Which would you prefer? [Robert Craven] (ecademy.com)
- Rich keep getting richer while poor get poorer (syracuse.com)
- Dispatch from Generation Fucked (stillhavetoprotest.wordpress.com)