The results are in! A recent study has officially proven that bald dudes do better in business. It’s true. It’s Science! And you can read about it here:
Apparently, men who have close buzz cuts or no hair at all tend to be more gainfully employed and more likely to be business leaders.
The social context of the male cranium is pretty significant where the corporate ladder is concerned. Where a bald or closely-cropped head conjures images of hyper-masculinity like military boot camp and Bruce Willis-style action heroes , thinning hair, comb-overs and male pattern baldness-instigated partial chrome domes signal weakness and George Costanza-style ineffectualness. Also, shaving it all off makes it harder to tell a man’s age and signifies a “bold move”. And to run a company you have to be perceived as fearless!
Now, this is not a study that exists in a vacuum. Razor sales are up as recognition of this hairless trend has been permeating the LinkedIn set. Not to mention the scores of reflective leaders:.
The journal sites a few from CEO stock, including:
Amazon’s Jeff Bezos
Dreamwork’s Jeffrey Katzenberg
General Motor’s Dan Akerson
But lets not forget some other shining examples of of pristine pate’s that have graced our popular culture and showed us that bald is not only beautiful but can also be benevolent, in some cases brilliant and generally bodacious:
And last but certainly not to be underscored:
So go forth and conquer, my bare-scalped brethren. The world is your oyster, especially corporate America. Although it helps if you also happen to be white.
- Do You Find Bald Men Hot? Science Says You Probably Do (thegloss.com)
- Bald Men Viewed More Masculine (abcnews.go.com)
- A Bald Head Will Make You Seem More Manly… (manolith.com)
- Shave It Off! How Bald Guys Can Look More Manly and Dominant (healthland.time.com)
- Want to look more manly? Shave your head, as study reveals bald men are seen as more dominant (dailymail.co.uk)
- Take It Off! Men Who Rock Their Baldness and Beards ( best beard oils reviewed – beardbro)
- Survey: Bald Man Are Perceived As Manlier (npr.org)
- [Top 10] Bald famous men (newstalk.ie)
- What do you think about baldness? (eslschoolforenglish.wordpress.com)