With every consumer tradition there comes the risk of excess. Halloween is probably the quintessential culprit when it comes to “too much of a good thing”.
I know I am sitting with a bowl full of leftover Nerds and Laffty Taffy: afraid of my lack of will power and what will happen when the sugar shock sets in.
I decided to get some ethnographic inspiration to prevent myself from going down that hole.
What I found was a veritable Candy Land of “day after Halloween” content. From hyperactive children overdosing on candy to drag queens giving shopping tips.
So, I thought I would share some of my favorite post-Halloween themed videos:
Enjoy your dose of context.
A MUSIC VIDEO NARRATIVE FOR KIDS: THE DAY AFTER HALLOWEEN
KIDS GONE CRAZY
DRAG QUEENS SHOPPING TIPS
HORROR MOVIE SPOOF: MICHAEL MYERS THE DAY AFTER HALLOWEEN
- Dentists offer cure for Halloween hangover (cbc.ca)
- When Halloween is Over (realwomengetfit.com)
- Halloween Drabble: Hangover (stevebetz.wordpress.com)
- Halloween Hangover (Through Eyes of Today’s Kid) (soulgourmet.wordpress.com)
- Healthy Food and Other Halloween Candy Alternatives (belmarrahealth.com)